1 x Lodge Manager
Seasonal Fixed Term (2021/22 Summer Season with immediate effect)
The Humpridge Track is looking to recruit a Lodge Manager to join our ‘can do’ attitude team! Our team provides above and beyond customer service in the wilderness! The Humpridge Track is located in Southern Fiordland and consist of a 3day 2night adventure, where our walkers stay at our Okaka and Port Craig lodges, which add some luxury to the usual tramping. We engage with a wide range of walkers and offer three quite different packages catering to their respective tramping needs. The Humpridge Track is a Charitable Trust and has become more visible as we continue our journey towards Great Walk status in 2022/23. If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, a passion for delivering great customer experience, and meet the skill set below, send us your CV for consideration.
- Friendly personality with experience in a similar role, or willing to learn.
- A welcoming disposition and having a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
- Ability to be the lead person with overall day-to-day function of the lodge.
- Able to delegate tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Meal preparation of a high standard – an eye for detail.
- Presentable with professional approach to self-appearance.
- Physical capability to carry out menial tasks as they arise, such as loading & off loading helicopter.
- Physically fit and able to walk 20km when required.
- Able to live and work remotely on a rostered basis (2 weeks on / 1 week off).
- Daily hands-on management of the lodge, self-motivation & team leadership skills.
- Supervise housekeeper to ensure high-quality standards are met.
- Minor maintenance daily/weekly/monthly checks – e.g., water supply, battery charge, & generator operations, manage utilities.
- Plan and control stock levels, keeping ahead of the game.
- Meal preparation for our catered guided walks and other designated meals, training also provided.
- Prerequisite Licence Controller Qualification Cert & Duty Manager Licence (prior to commencement).
- Brief guests in evening on house rules and other relevant information.
- Health & Safety (First Aid Cert) and regular safety checks and registers.
Applicants must be eligible to work in NZ and hold a valid Vaccine Passport.
Apply to [email protected] with your CV and motivation letter.